You probably already know that Instagram Stories only last 24 hours. After that, they disappear forever! You may be wondering how to download an Instagram story to immortalize a moment in your life.
The story is arguably the most spontaneous and personalized format on Instagram. You might want to capture some of these moments so that you can see them again and feel the same emotions that you went through then.
In addition, your followers will enjoy reviewing photos and videos that reflect the happy moments in your life.
Therefore, I am going to share with you the tips and tricks on how to save an Instagram story. Also, you will learn how to download Instagram stories from other users.
DOWNLOAD YOUR INSTAGRAM STORY ON YOUR SMARTPHONE
To download your Instagram stories directly to the gallery of your phone, two solutions are available to you.
DOWNLOAD YOUR STORIES BEFORE PUBLISHING THEM
The most efficient way to save an Instagram story to your smartphone gallery is to upload it right before you publish it.
When you make a visual, photo or video in your Insta story, you can save it directly to your phone’s library.
To do this, nothing simpler. Here are the steps to follow:
- Access your newsfeed.
- Click on the camera at the top left of your screen.
- Take your photo or video.
- Make the changes you want.
- Click on the download icon, shaped like an arrow at the top of your screen.
- You can now find your visual directly in the gallery of your smartphone.
DOWNLOAD YOUR STORIES AFTER YOU PUBLISH THEM
You also have the option of saving a story after you publish it.
To save your story, you must do so within 24 hours of publishing it by following these steps:
- Access your Instagram profile.
- Select your profile picture to access your story.
- Click on “More” at the bottom right of your screen.
- Click on “Save…”.
- Choose between “Save photo” and “Save story”.
- You can find your image or video in your phone’s library.
PIN YOUR INSTAGRAM STORY TO THE FRONT PAGE
On Instagram, you have the possibility to add stories to the front page of your profile even after the 24 hours of publication. Items that you place on the front page of your Instagram profile appear below your profile bio.
To put a story on the front page of your profile, follow these different steps:
- Access your Insta profile.
- Click on.
- Select the story (s) to be featured, then click “Next”.
- Click “Edit Cover”, choose a cover photo, then click “Done”.
- Enter a name for the category in which your featured story will be, then click “Add” (iPhone) or “Done” (Android).
- You can add more photos or videos to your Featured Stories at any time. All you need to do is go to your featured story, then click on “Edit featured content”.
Note: Note that the stories you put in the spotlight remain so until you delete them. Even after the original story is gone. Keep in mind that people who have permission to view your story can also see your featured items.
ARCHIVE A STORY ON INSTAGRAM
You have the option of backing up your stories using Instagram’s built-in archives.
If you have enabled this feature, you do not have to save your stories on your phone. They will be directly stored on your Instagram account.
You can activate the archiving of your Instagram stories very easily by following these steps:
- Access your Instagram profile;
- Click on the 3 superimposed bars at the top right of your screen;
- Access the “Settings” menu;
- Access the “Confidentiality” menu;
- Click on the “Story” menu;
- Check the “Save to archive” box.
Note: Once your stories no longer appear on your profile, you are the only person who can view the stories stored in your archives. Note that if you delete your visual in the story before it disappears on its own, it will not be saved in your archives.
SAVE YOUR INSTAGRAM STORY ON PC
Now we are going to see a way that takes some effort but is worth it to save an Instagram story.
Many applications offer the possibility of downloading Instagram stories but also to store them for reuse.
As an example, I took the EmbedStories service , which offers the following functions:
- Save your stories.
- Create a gallery of stories.
- Publish your stories to your other social media.
- Create story carousels.
- Download your old Instagram stories.
- Save stories from more than one of your profiles at once.
Setting up such a service is easier to do. Just follow the instructions below:
- Open the official website of the application.
- Register and access your account.
- Authorize access to your account by the service.
- Select the source from which the service will export the stories.
- That’s all! This is the standard setting for any service.
The big advantage of using these services is that they automatically download your Instagram stories, and also add them to a section that you have previously defined.
This method is suitable not only for regular Instagram users, but also for web marketers, bloggers and people who manage a business account.
Indeed, it allows you to acquire many features not only to save your Instagram stories but also to work with them in more detail.
DOWNLOAD ANY STORIES WITH INGRAMER
One of the easiest and most efficient ways to download Instagram Stories is to use Ingramer.
It is a free tool that allows you to save not only Instagram Stories but also IGTV photos, videos, profiles and even videos.
Can you download stories from other Instagram profiles? Yes, you can! To save content for stories that interest you, follow these steps:
- Open Ingramer and click on “Tools”.
- Select “Instagram downloader”.
Select “Download stories”.
- Type the “Username” of the Instagram profile by adding the @ prefix.
- Click on the “Download” button.
Select the desired file and click “Download”.
How to save Instagram stories of other users? Nothing could be simpler with the tool that we have just seen! You can use Ingramer to save Instagram Stories but also loads of other data:
- Download Instagram photos.
- Download Instagram videos.
- Save Instagram profiles.
- Record IGTV videos.
You now know how to retrieve stories from other users. But when are your rights?
IS IT LEGAL TO USE STORIES FROM OTHER INSTAGRAM PROFILES?
As you probably know, there are laws that protect authors and their works from plagiarism.
This means you can’t use the saved story as if it were your own – publish it and make a profit from it.
However, you can ask the owner for permission to repost their content.
If the author gives you his approval, remember to mention it when you publish his stories on your profile.
You can be completely reassured about using other people’s content if you do it right.
You are now able to download an Instagram story. Let’s recap the 5 tips we just saw to recover an Instagram story:
- Download your story on your smartphone;
- Pin your Instagram story to the front page;
- Archive a story on Instagram;
- Save your Instagram story on PC;
- Download any stories with Ingramer.
Hope this article has helped you to see more clearly about the different tips that you can use to download your Instagram stories.
Do not hesitate to leave your impressions in the comments and to share your experience with me.